The Advanced and Higher Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web & Telecoms is made up of qualifications and learning that will provide apprentices with the skills and knowledge required to become competent in their chosen job role. The framework includes a balance of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure your workforce has an appropriate set of skills to operate in today’s IT & Telecoms job role. This qualification is accredited by City & Guilds.
This framework is relevant for job roles that require skills such as:
- Senior IT Technician / 2nd /3rd line support
- Systems support desk / Telecommunications technician/ Engineer Network Planner
In addition to generic units, the apprenticeship contains ‘vendor’ and industry recognised certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, Citrix, Juniper, LPI Linux, EMC and CompTIA.
A choice of 1 vendor unit from:
- VMware Install Configure & Manage 6 (VCP6)
- Citrix Certified Professional (CCP7.6)
- LPI Linux Essentials
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft System Center Manager (SCCM)
- Checkpoint Firewall
- CompTIA A+
- EMC Information Systems Management (Storage)
- Prince2 Foundation
- ITIL V3 Foundation