Maths skills are essential - this qualification will help you to improve your every day understanding, solve problems and improve your employability. Functional Skills Maths is designed to help students use maths in everyday life as well as providing them with a valuable GCSE equivalent qualification.
Functional Skills are practical skills for all learners aged 14 and above. Functional Skills provide an individual with essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will enable them to operate confidently, effectively and independently in life and work.
We offer Functional Skills Maths from Entry 1 to Level 2 (GCSE equivalent). This qualification is designed to make your life in the easier to solve problems and increase your job opportunities. The course content has been created to be useful in everyday life and give you the confidence to succeed in education, work and life.
Qualification: City and Guilds Functional Skills Maths (Entry 1 - Level 2)
Prerequisites: starting course level is determined by BKSB English and Maths test during enrolment
Duration: approximately 11 weeks per level
Location: blended online learning
Assessment: there is one exam which takes place at the end of the teaching
New Skills and Knowledge
Content varies depending on level and needs so is subject to chage:
- Addition and substraction
- Multiplication and division
- Fractions and percentages
- Recognise different shapes and know how to calculate area
- Understand mean, median and mode
- Calculating distance, time and speed
Our Functional Skills English courses up to Level 2 can be provided free under specific criteria.
For more information about courses or funding options please call: 0208 808 6660
- Your progression will be determined by the level you start at. Once you have completed Level 2 Maths you will have strong Maths skills and be able to use the qualification to progress into employment, college or university.