Information, Advice and Guidance for Employed or Unemployed Adults and those seeking information regarding further training, development and progression pathways
5E is privileged to be a Matrix accredited organisation working closely with a range of organisations to deliver partnership programmes and provide signposted referrals for individuals. The organisations we work with include local colleges, employers, third sector organisations and specialist organisations and provisions.
Our friendly IAG advisors are professionally trained (Level 3 & 4 in Advice & Guidance) and experienced to assist you whether you are employed or unemployed, often working at outreach locations such as Jobcentre Plus to bring the support directly to YOU. We pride ourselves with equality of opportunity for every customer…
At The Guidance Centre, you will most commonly undergo the following to help you overcome barriers to employment:
- One to One Discussion – Your Situation and Needs
- Basic Skills, ESOL and IT Assessments (where required)
- Career Related Advice + Progression Pathways Suited to YOU
- Links to Work Opportunities within Key London Employment Sectors from our Job Brokerage Team
- Job Search Assistance and Facilities (Phone, Fax, Computer, Internet, Printers)
- Help with writing your CV or filling out application forms etc.
- Access to our library of resources (CDs, DVDs, software, books, videos and multimedia)
We also provide further support including:
- Up-to-date Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
- Support for Academic and Vocational Skills Training
- Future Planning with Potential Progression Pathways
- The latest accredited course and employability opportunities
- Signposting and referral to our trusted partner organisations for a wider range of opportunities
How long will I be seen?
Your visit to the Guidance Centre can be on-going and dependent upon individual needs. You can drop in to the Guidance Centre as many times as you need for Information, Advice and Guidance. Our Opening Times are between 9.00 and 17.30, Monday to Friday.
Am I eligible and how do I enrol?
If you are 19+ and eligible to work in the UK, then you are eligible for assistance from The Guidance Centre. To enrol, drop in to the Guidance Centre (T13) between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday at Selby Centre or call 020 8365 9933
All clients on 5E programmes will receive Job Search & Soft Skills training and development